CCC Coffee Shop

The Cottenham Community Centre building as a timeline…

1840 Methodists begin to worship in Telegraph Street barn.
1842 Methodist Church established as part of Cambridge Circuit.
1843 Small chapel built on High Street.
1864 July 6th: Stone laying of the current building, built on land donated by Thomas Ivatt. Total cost of £890.19s.2d.
1865 July 4th: Chapel opened.
1866 Wesleyan House, the church manse is planned and built. Cottenham Methodist Circuit is formed.
1894 Organ purchased for £75.
1911 Schoolroom and other rooms added.
1952 Cottenham rejoins Cambridge Methodist Circuit.
2007 After many years of faithful worship and service in the community, the final Methodist church service takes place on November 25th: On November 26th a public meeting is held which leads to the formation of the CCC.
2010 July: CCC signs lease to the premises. September: Cambridge Circuit appoints Pioneer Minister to work alongside the CCC with young adults and families in Cottenham.
2011 Week beginning February 7th: Coffee shop opens.
Today A much loved, cherished and very well-frequented community facility, for everyone.